November 5, 2010

Embroidery Hoop Nursery Decor

I'm so excited to share some nursery decor a la cheap!  My favorite source of inspiration is Apartment Therapy - OhDeeDoh.  I drew the color palette for Lucy's room from this nursery featured last year.   It's so sweet and I LOVE the yellow crib.

Here is a close up of their embroidery hoop art.  So cute AND affordable!

The embroidery hoop art is catching on - like this one:

Or those circles in the corner:

Or behind this lovely yellow chair:

So I decided to use some of my favorite fabrics and make my own!  

It was very easy and I got all of the embroidery hoops at a local thrift store for a total of $3.50!
What I love most is that the fabrics are so easy to change and the whole project is sewing, glue, and staple free!  You just lay the fabric over the hoop and tighten!

Stay tuned for a tutorial on Embroidered Linen Nursery Art coming soon!  It's super easy AND might become my go-to-shower gift idea (besides burp cloths and a cute dress).

2 comments:

  1. Becky!! I'm kind of ADDICTED to your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice hoops!!! And the sizes are perfect. Where can we find all these sizes. Here in GREECE we can find from 10 cm and up.. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...