December 13, 2010

Easy French Press Cozy

Spoiler alert.  Kristin Ruud do not read any further.  I realize the title has already done some damage to the surprise.

When my sister in law asked for a french press for Christmas I was more than happy for a reason to shop and browse at Crate and Barrel.  They have such beautiful displays!

The press on it's own was nice - but I thought all the stainless steel and glass could use something a little more "homey".  

Before:

After:

Much more cozy!


This is the back/inside.

Can you see me taking the photo?

It's not a totally original idea, but it's fast and easy.  I wish I would have seen this blog post over at craftsylish before I started!  I did essentially the exact same thing - using 2 buttons and narrow elastic instead of ribbon closures.  I also didn't quilt the cozy.  

I made the cozy 6.25" x 11.5" and I think it fits perfectly!  The french press is a BODUM Original (made of glass) and is available at Crate and Barrel.

1 comment:

  1. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you gotta watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Why your ex will NEVER come back...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...